Friday, March 7, 2014

Struggling

I have lost another pound, for a total of 10 pounds since the weight loss challenge began and my journey to the land of fit started.

I celebrated by eating a donut.

That was perhaps not the best way to celebrate (oh, but it was soooo good). Donuts are my favorite food group...

The initial enthusiasm and motivation is wearing thin a bit -- it's no longer carrying myself, despite the fact I wore a blouse that 10 pounds ago had been too tight. I'm finding myself sitting on the couch more in the evenings, doing less of the exercises while watching the Olympics. I do miss the Olympics -- all those young, fit men and women. Motivation right there on my TV every night, in the snowboard slopestyle, the cross country skiers, the figure skaters...

I'm gonna have to start digging deep to stick with this. It's too early in this for these new ways to become habit. And my old habits are pulling hard on me!

One thing I know -- is that I can't let that donut (which was really, very very good) derail this whole effort.

Did I mention the four donut holes?

So I slipped up twice.

I'm going to have to think about this. I know I shouldn't dwell on these mistakes. So this is the last mention of that donut and those four donut holes, which were really, exquisitely good.

One thing I did correctly was that I went ahead and exercised anyway. So what if I slipped up a bit? My stairclimbing partner and I did even more flights of stairs today. Twenty-two flights, in fact. And we stepped it up a bit -- we did these 22 flights FASTER than we'd climbed the initial 18 flights. That's a victory to celebrate! (We also climbed several sets of three flights, vice the sets of two stairs we were doing the first week of stair climbing.)

And tonight I ate a healthy dinner. Lots of cabbage. Some meat.

I'm recommitting to this effort -- I don't want to plateau here. I don't want to give up at 207. I do want to be healthy and fit. I want to ride my bike down the C&O Canal towpath and laugh about it.

I think to help keep myself on the straight and narrow, I'm going to start keeping a food log. And while I'm at it, I'm going to keep an exercise log as well. There are phone apps for this, and after I finish writing this entry, I'm going to start figuring out which one works best for me. Or I may go old-fashioned, and just find a little pocket notebook.

And tomorrow morning I've got a full day planned: riding my new bike in the morning and then bringing the beagles for a long walk in the afternoon. In between and following, healthy meal choices.

One meal at a time!

I'd love to hear what works for you on your journey to fitness -- please send me an email at daytripgal@gmail.com!

Look for Journey to the Land of Fit on Facebook: facebook.com/JourneytotheLandofFit

No comments:

Post a Comment